Solid Rock Church of God
122 Manson St., Pittsfield, Maine 04967
Call (207) 487-5016
New England’s Flock that Rocks!
Services Sundays at 10 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
6:30 p.m. Family Training Hour
“For over 125 years the Church of God has been a distinctive movement focused upon communicating the gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit. Presently, the Church of God has a world-wide membership of over 7 million with a presence in nearly 180 countries.”
“Since its beginning, the Church of God has been a ‘movement’ a moving church with a mission of ministry to the world. In this new millennium, God is leading the Church of God as a global movement prepared to meet the demands and challenges of ministry in the 21st century.”
“Come, be a part of loving and nurturing church family!
Our church has been an active part of the community of Pittsfield and Somerset County since its organization for over 73 years. On May 30th, 1943, it wasn’t just a church that was started—but a ministry that has transformed the lives of many individuals. Come and experience the Flock that ROCKS!”
“METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH
“The first Methodist class in Pittsfield was formed by Theodore Gerrish about 1870, and consisted of but nine members. A chapel was erected for worship in 1872, which was remodeled and enlarged during the pastorate of Mr. Hamilton, about seven years ago. Now they have a modern and convenient edifice, centrally located on Mason Street.” —from the 1904 Pittsfield Town Register
Sanger Cook wrote in his 1965 book Pittsfield on the Sebasticook . . . “The Church of God, which had been located on Waverley Avenue, exchanged properties with the American Legion in 1964 and moved their parish to Manson Street. This is the old Methodist Church and has seen considerable history. While it was owned by the American Legion, it was the scene of many outstanding events. County and State Legion meetings took place here; wedding receptions were frequently held in its spacious auditorium; and occasionally various church denominations have used it. It now serves its original purpose, a place of worship, and Rev. James T. Murray, the present pastor, is very pleased with the home it provides for his congregation.”